Star Trek Barbies? That’s how to make future babes geeks!!!
Hey folks, Harry here… with a brilliant concept. TREK BARBIES!!! Yes, every little girl in the world needs Star Trek Barbies, so that in like 15 years all future geeks will have excellent geek brides. Either that… or geek boys will be seen playing with these and get pummeled mercilessly until they are very nearly dead. That said… Look at Kirk’s hair!!! Do you think that there is ANY CHANCE that it will stay like that? That’ll fray and get crazy Einstein looking hair quick… won’t it? Uhura is looking good, I might have to pick that one up… for Yoko. Yeah. For Yoko!
It’s three in the morning right now, so let’s stick to dot points.
- Women – not having minds of their own – can’t be legitimate geeks. Rather, they must be brainwashed into doing so by using Trojan Fashion Dolls.
- The only reason for the existence of women geeks is to be the future brides of geek men. Like The Stepford Wives with even more robots.
- Playing with plastic figures of SF characters is only feminising, and thus degrading, if they have the Barbie logo on them.
- If you want to get women involved in geekdom, a better strategy would be not to perpetuate the above three ideas on a popular website.
- Can you look at the last sentence without entertaining the thought of what Harry Knowles-on-Uhura slashfic must be like…?